Hardwood Flooring is extremely classy and elegant. However, they can get slippery since they are polished. If you have kids around the house, the likelihood that they will slip after spilling something on the floor is high. Even without something spilling on the floor, hardwood flooring can be slippery and pose a threat sometimes if proper care is not taken. includes solid wood floors as well as pre-finished woods.
Here are Some Ways to Fix Slippery Hardwood Flooring:
1) Use non-slip pads and rugs on areas where there is a high likelihood of the hardwood flooring becoming slippery. There are rubber mats that you can attach to the bottom of your rugs to keep them from moving around.
2) If something gets spilled on the floor, be sure to wipe it completely dry as soon as it happens. Since it can’t be avoided, it should be taken care of immediately. Use a dry mop once you can wipe the floor of the liquid to ensure that all the excess liquid is soaked from the floor.
3) Depending on the type of hardwood flooring you have in your home, use the cleaning solutions that are best suited for it. Using the wrong chemicals to clean your floors can make it more slippery and cause damage in the long run.
4) Do not let any liquid stay on your floor. If you are unable to clean it immediately, throw a dry mop on it so that the liquid is absorbed immediately and attend to it as soon as you can.
5) If you have tried all these methods, you can do two things as a last resort. Get your hardwood flooring a non-skid treatment or sand, seal and use an anti-slip solvent on it.
All of the methods listed above will help reduce the risk of people slipping and falling on your hardwood flooring. Keeping your children and guests safe in your home is of the utmost importance.